Saturday, November 21, 2020

Thank You For Your Patience: EQII

 

It's most likely not going to feature too highly on anyone's agenda right now, which is just as well because I'm a day late spotting it, but following the recent connectivity issues over at Darkpaw towers there's a bonus weekend going on for EverQuest II. According to Dreamweaver's announcement 

"This special bonus will run from November 20, 2020 at 12:01 AM PST and ends November 23, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST

Live Servers during this time will see

Double XP

Double Ethereal Currency

Limited Time Familiar Drops

Limited Time Mount Drops

Bonus Jadeite Medallion Drops"

For once, Kaladim also gets to join in

"Kaladim during this time frame will see

Double XP

Double Hunters Coins

Double Expansion 5 Loot Drops"

Dreamweaver explains more and answers a number of pertinent queries in the thread, although I notice he remains annoyingly silent on the one question that interests me, namely if and when we might be getting a double status event. As far as I can tell, there's no equivalent bonus event for EverQuest, which tends to support my own experience that the interruption to service there was on a much smaller scale.

Puppets! Get yer puppets! Get 'em while they're hot!


Even before this current bonus, the Heroes Festival had already been extended by a few days to compensate for the outages. I killed a couple of clothworks and found to my surprise there were apparently some associated collections I hadn't done. 

I could have sworn I finished them all last year or the year before but if I did it can't have been on my most-played character, the Berserker. Since the rewards for the easily-completable collects are all mounts (or, I should say, the two I finished before the event ended were, so I'm guessing the others are too), I'm a bit cross with myself for missing out. Just goes to show it's always worth double-checking even when you think you know.

It wasn't even that I was too late to do those collections, the items for which spawn, briefly, after each clothwork "dies". It was more that the puppets take a very, very long time to kill unless there's a good turn-out and by the time I wanted to join in almost everyone else had done their quota and moved on. Maybe next year.

It was Scholar Primarch Rais in the Archives with the Exploded Wand. (It was, in fact!).

 

I did take some advantage of the double xp to put a couple more levels on my Fury this morning, taking her from 89 to almost 92. Given that I had 450% in cumulative bonuses running you might have thought it would have been faster than that but I made the mistake of picking the agnostic version of the Library of Erudin, an excellent dungeon themed around the board game Clue (or Cluedo if you prefer). I spent far more time looking for clues to solve the murder mystery than I did killing things, which wasn't perhaps the most efficient use of the bonuses.

Some people are apparently still having problems logging in, which doesn't surprise me. As long as I've been playing online games a subset of players would have been having problems logging in to any one of them at any given time. The general issue, though, appears to be fixed. 

Until the next thing breaks, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide