Monday, January 8, 2024

Technical Difficulties


For reasons too unhinged to explain (Involving a hamster, a six week trip to India and a sudden change in the weather, all of which makes the whole thing sound a whole lot more intriguing than it really is.) I find myself sitting cross-legged on my bed, typing this on an old Dell keyboard with a wonky space bar. 

The keyboard is attached to my ancient Dell XPS laptop, whose own keyboard no longer has a functioning space bar at all. Nor the letters "B" or "N", for that matter.  I'm also using a wireless mouse on which the RMB doesn't work. Entropy is real.

The laptop is slaved to my usual PC downstairs by way of Splashtop, an arrangement that works surprisingly well, at least now I've changed the screen resolution so I can make out what I've written from more than a few inches away. 


The upshot of all of this is that writing a proper post would take more effort, concentration and energy than I'm willing to put in right now. Also that I need to get a new laptop. 

Despite everything, I didn't want to go two days without posting anything so here we are.

I'm just going to drop in a screenshot or two and maybe a video and we'll call it even. How about one made entirely by humans that's going to make you long for the day the AIs take over? Well, tough. That's what we're having.

 Soul Hole - @

With luck, I'll have sorted myself out by this time tomorrow and there'll be a proper post. Then again, I told myself yesterday I'd have all those problems sorted today and look what happened, so I wouldn't count on it.

Still beats posting on my Kindle Fire!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Er... I believe there may have been some sort of misunderstanding...

      Delete
  2. Hope things get squared away and that you start feeling better. (I guess I'm assuming this is a wetware issue and not a hardware issue.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I can see now, re-reading the post, how some confusion might have entered into the account. That's what I get for trying to be enigmatic! Rest assured, I'm absolutely fine. I guess I'd better explain the whole thing in today's post - not that it's at all interesting...

      Delete

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide