Monday, September 9, 2013

White Line Fever














First up, my apologies for the messed-up layout. The first I knew about it was when I read S. Tolga Kirtiloglu's comment this morning. Something happened either to Blogger in general or Inventory Full in particular while I was asleep last night that truncated the right side of every post and after a couple of hours fiddling with it this morning I can't figure out what might have changed nor what I need to do to get it back to exactly how it was.

Using my very rusty and extremely limited HTML skills I have just about managed to make things readable again but who knows what damage I may have done to the alignment of all previous posts. I've also lost the white line that marks the border on the right, but that's a small price to pay for readability.



I have the original template saved, so if, as I hope, this turns out to be some Blogger glitch that corrects itself I can restore everything to its former glory. Pending that, if anyone has any suggestions on how to wrestle Blogger into behaving itself again I'd be glad to hear them. Meanwhile, at least it's readable and I suppose that's the main thing.

I woke up intending to do something about the integration of Beastmen, Sentient Monsters and other non-player races into the various milieus and societies our characters inhabit but despite the conversation with Swoo Sousa in Comments about my supposed current preference for writing about playing over actually playing, I find that on this particular occasion I would in fact rather play. I'm out of creative or analytical energy after all that techno-fiddling and I feel the need to go take out my frustrations on some harmless wildlife.

In the meantime, have some pretty pictures.

[Edit] After a happy afternoon killing Cell Mites in Thousand Maws I came back for another look. With the invaluable aid of The Blogger Guide I give you Inventory Full Widescreen !

I've been less than happy with the narrow format for a while now but I probably wouldn't ever have gotten around to changing it. Every cloud etc. Let's just hope Blogger plays nicely with the new look.

All the old posts are now hopelessly out of kilter, of course, but you can't have everything. I'll work my way through them gradually and resize the illustrations where needed. Should only take me a couple of years...

Someone's in a better mood than I am...











Did I log into The Endless Forest by mistake?












Um...nice rock...

6 comments:

  1. Funny, nothing looks screwy on my end, and I flipped back a few pages to "Older Post"s. *shrug*

    -- 7rlsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'know, I really should have opened it up on another pc, and possibly on the laptop to check before I started fiddling. Still, never mind - I like the new expanded look so it's all good.

      Delete
  2. Like it!
    The only thing I noticed is that the figure captions are pretty small. Just a little bit more, maybe 1 point, might do wonder for my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide