Friday, December 9, 2011

Furglebin's Journal 1 : EQ2


So anyway I wake ups this morning in some tiny little village with a huge tiger lookin' at mes. Not a good starts to the day for anyone, really but specially not for a ratonga, what with cats and rats not getting on all that well at the best of times. Even when the cat is not a flippin' ginormous tiger and the rat is a much bigger ratonga than wot I ams (I have always been small for my age) you do nots want to wake up with one starin' at you.

I'm just looking for something to hide under when I get this idea in my head that this tiger is not just any ol' tiger. Apparently he is my Warder, which is some spirit that has decided to follow me about and turn me into a Beastlord. I don't know how I know thats. It's all a bit fuzzy if I am honest (which I'm nots, since, well, ratonga!). I don't seem to remember where I was before I woke up nor what I dids to get a Warder. I call him Tiger, by the way, cos it suits him and it is easy to remembers.

Get to the points, Furglebin. Focus!

A well-fed warder is a happy warder. Paws crossed.

Okay, start again. I am going to write down my thoughts about learning to be a Beastlord so that if one day I wake ups somewhere I never saw before and can't remember how I got there or hardly even who I am, I can just read my Journal and then I will know.

I am in this village like I said and all sorts is going ons. Guards in armor are yelling and there are these little earth elementals all over the place. Next thing I know I have been drafted in to sort it all outs. Well, why me? That is a good question! I mean, they are guards in armor with swords but they are getting a tiny ratonga in ordinary clothes to do all the stuff what you would think a guard is paid to do. Maybe it is cos I got this massive tiger looking at thems over my shoulder...

It's all about the cloak

I'm a bit scared if I am am honest (I already explained the problem with me saying that ...) but it turns out that I am much tougher than I look! And Tiger is just as tough as he looks like he is, which is very tough indeeds. Everything the guards ask us to do we do really, really easily and it is brilliant fun! If this is being a Beastlord then I think I am going to enjoy it a lot.

The guards send me on to talk to some more people. Every second person I meet seems to have work they want doing and no-one seems to want to do any of it himselfs. The more jobs I do for people, the more they recommend me to other people and before long I am Johnny Fix-It for this place, wot I now know is called Darklight Woods (although if it is a wood then I cannot see where all the trees are. Looks more like Darklight Common to mes).

The pay is pretty good and people keep giving me armor and weapons as well. Lots of the jobs are about killing stuff, mostly animals and undeads and elementals, so not like real people (although after a bit there is some trouble with some Thexians but apparently they are always making troubles so it is just as well to kill them before they starts). I can keep anything they drop too, and they drop all sorts of nice things.

Are you in there, Tiger?

Fighting so much makes me get tougher very fast and I learn lots of new moves and tricks. The best trick I learn is how to tame animals and make them into Warders. Takes a bit of getting the hang ofs, this one. First I have to concentrate to see wot animals are tameable. Then I have to bash them until they know who is boss. Then when they know I tames them and when they are tame I can have them as warders.

Except what I think is that I only have one warder and it is Tiger. I think that he just makes himself look like the animals I tame and then he can do different things, but it is always him really. So far he can look like a bat, a bear and a crocodile, which is the scariest one.

I love being a Beastlord. It's only my first day and I have learneds so much but I think there must be a lot more to find out. Tired of writing now but I will write again when I learn something new.

7 comments:

  1. "Then I have to bash them until they know who is boss."

    Haha, that just made me lol. Great read, now I want to pick up the expansion and make one >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tempted to get the expansion just to try out a Beastlord. I have an affinity for the player/pet combo thing. My long-time favorite character in WoW is my hunter, while my highest level character in Rift is a rogue in full-on ranger spec.

    I will probably wait a bit though. Too busy with Rift at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After writing this post I played my beastlord pretty much all day and continued to have a great time. He's level 21 now so most of the class-defining mechanics are beginning to come into play. I also played a hunter in my brief time in WoW and I can see some distinct similarities although the beastlord has to throw things rather than use a bow, which I find quite fitting for a ratonga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just loved the BST class in EQ, can't wait to try one in EQ2. Does everyone start out with a tiger? I'd love to see a list of tamable pets, guess we'll see in due time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EQ2Wire has a nice guide to all the known tameable animals found so far but there may well be more.

    They also have a list of which warder each race starts with.

    http://eq2wire.com/beastlord-warders/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen you comment on so many blogs, but only recently noticed you had a blog of your own. Hello!

    I have a beastlord on the Crushbone server myself, evil aligned as well. :) Feel free to chat up Civrotian sometime if you want company. :)

    ReplyDelete

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide