Thursday, September 3, 2020

Labor Day : EverQuest, EQII

Here's a quick PSA for anyone playing EverQuest or EverQuest II. This weekend is the Labor Day weekend in the United States, where it sounds like everyone's up for a jolly holiday. Since most fantasy worlds seem to operate on some kind of sympathetic resonance with North America, this means it's also holiday time in Norrath.

Dreamweaver, Darkpaw's bubbly customer rep, led with an announcement of what's happening in the younger game. EQII is getting a whole week of bonuses.

The times are

9/3 at 12:01 AM PDT to 9/10 at 11:59 PM PDT.

All servers, including Kaladim, the Time-Limited Expansion server, get double xp.

Kaladim also get "Double previous hunters coins" which means absolutely nothing to me. I probably should look that up.

All servers other than Kaladim, regardless of ruleset, get

Double Ethereals
Limited Time Mount drops
Limited Time Merc drops


There's no mention of membership so I'm assuming everyone gets all of this regardless of account status.

The EQII event isn't that big a deal to me. Double ethereals would be a big deal but the only ones I'm going to get are from the weekly overland solo quest. Mount and merc progress boosts I already have more of than I know what to do with.

I'm a lot more excited about the EverQuest holiday bonus, which Dreamweaver didn't get around to revealing until this morning (my time). It's very simple but it's exactly what I was hoping for:

Double Experience for all servers.

Sadly it's not a full week like EQII's but it's five days, which is pretty close.

Starts Friday, September 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM PDT (Midnight)
Ends Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 11:00 PM PD.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that double xp applies to Overseer quests. If it does, I'll have my new pet by Sunday at the latest. Even if it doesn't, it's going to help. I'd go grind mobs in The Ovethere for a few hours with double xp running. Or maybe Neriak Fourth Gate. I liked it there.

Once again, no mention of membership requirements. It would be horribly ironic if it turns out to be All Access only - I just let my one month sub lapse a few days ago. Fingers crossed!

There are, apparently, more treats to come, with Dreamweaver promising an imminent announcement on something called "Fall Fun bonuses". No idea what that might entail.

We also haven't heard anything more about new Panda quests for EQII. Dreamweaver did loosely confirm there would be some when he answered a question a while back but he said it would be later in the year. Then again, we're not into the expansion pre-release events yet. Maybe Yun Zi will be back with those.

That's for another day, anyway. This weekend belongs to double xp in EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide