Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Beatniks Out To Make It Rich

After I finished messing around with Kingdoms of Amalur I had tea and then spent altogether too long researching the new movies for this week's TAGN Movie Obsession. It's a difficult week, with five new movies, four of which I'd never heard of.

It's going to be a couple of days before I settle on a line-up but that's not why I'm posting about it. While I was reading up on "spooky Guillermo del Toro produced PG-13 horror tale "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" I happened upon the trailer, which features my favorite singer of the last five years (and maybe of all time) covering one of my favorite songs.


I don't think the movie is likely to make my line-up but that little taster is super-delicious.

An expression I almost never use is "I can't wait..." because I'm generally pretty good at waiting, but I really, really cannot wait for Norman Fucking Rockwell. The songs that have been leaked/released from it so far are among the best I've heard in my entire life.

Venice Bitch is so far beyond brilliant it enters another realm of existence. Or at least I did, when I first heard it and it was all I listened to for a week.


Also the video is quite literally mesmerizing. It puts me into a trance if I watch it on a tablet with nothing else in my field of view.

Trippy.

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your posts. Not really sure what to think of this particular one but do appreciate the Venice Bitch link. I also enjoyed the earlier music posts. Your tastes are far outside my normal experiences so new stuff is interesting. Keep it up!
    I hope your health challenges are getting better too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know the music stuff isn't going to appeal to everyone (or even most) but I'm planning on it being in addition to what I usually post, not replacing it, so hopefully it will just pass unoticed by those who don't care.

      Very glad to hear you're getting something out of it!

      Delete

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide