Thursday, August 25, 2022

Darkness, Darkness, Be My Pillow

If anyone's playing Noah's Heart it's time to stop reading right now. It's spoilers all the way down from here.

Let's take a brief pause while we lol at the idea that anyone other than me might be playing. Well, okay, I know of one person who is but I figure there's no way they're going to get this far. I think we're safe.

So, I finished Season Zero - Light and Shadow this morning and let me tell you it was bleak. It's a long episode that takes up days, weeks even, of a player's life and what it all comes down to in the end is this: 

It has to be one of the most emo storylines in any mmorpg ever. Every plan fails. Everyone dies. Nothing is real. There's no point to anything. My character turned to drink and who could blame her?

Oh, wait, that screenshot's from the light-hearted Sherlock Holmes pastiche, Scarlet Mark Mystery. Yeah, that one's no laugh riot, either.

I guess I should have known where things were headed as soon as Noah started quoting Nietzsche.

Still, you have to have hope, don't you?  

Don't you?

It's just all too much, sometimes, Ave.

Which is your cue to tell us what you really are. It seems like only yesterday you told us you were a goddess in disguise... Now you're saying you're not even real?

Maybe none of us are...

Maybe we're all just characters in someone else's game. Did you ever think of that?

Oh, well. If nothing matters any more, I guess we may as well all go... fishing.

I mean, it's not like we just discovered there's an ancient God lurking beneath the waves, plotting to destroy us all, now, is it?

Oh well, I'm sure it'll all come right in the end. It always does, doesn't it?



2 comments:

  1. You're dang right I played Noah's Heart! (I skipped past all the spoilers just in case)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it a bit more as you get into it. I'm fairly sold on it, as you can tell, although I'm willign to bet I'll have moved on to something else in a few weeks. That's just the way of things nowadays.

      Delete

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide